WORKPACKAGE 1 / WP1
creating a database
WP1 includes the collection of data necessary for the study and construction of the greenhouse and solar desalination system. The database mainly relates to three areas:
• Physico-chemical characteristics of water (seawater / brackish) and meteorological data on sunshine in the area where the solar desalination unit will be installed
• Collection of legislative framework for the management of seawater and brackish water
• Licensing procedure for solar desalination plants. The project’s website will also be designed to continuously disseminate the aims and results of the proposed project
Database of physicochemical characteristics of water and meteorological data.
Database of the legal framework for the management and treatment of seawater and saltwater and the licensing process for desalination plants and greenhouses.
WORKPACKAGE 2 / WP2
study and design of water distribution and evaporation system and equine management brackish
WP2 includes the study and design of the water dispersion and evaporation system in unit and the management of the ballast. Specifically, it includes the following:
• Exploitation of the EU1 meteorological data base in its thermal balance process through which the process capacity per unit area of the process will be calculated exhaust system.
• Study and optimal design of the water dispersion system. In particular it includes its geometric characteristics, average droplet size and points placement in the desalination plant.
• Study and design of the vacuum system for the suction of vapors generating it dispersion system. In particular, it includes the desired range of operating pressures and points placement in the desalination plant.
• Study and design of a collection and management system.
Technical report of design and design of the dispersal system and evaporation of water.
Study and technical design report of the concentration system and waste management.
WORKPACKAGE 3 / WP3
Study and design of the heat exchanger system
WP3 includes the study and design of the heat exchange system to the necessary pre-heating of the seawater and the condensation of the vapors resulting from it is achieved the evaporation process. It will calculate the temperatures of all currents at the inlet and outlet alternators / condensers and the devices will be dimensioned. The results of the EU3 will be outlined analytically in Deliverables.
Technical report of design and design of the switching system heat.
Design of an innovative double exchanger – condenser.
WORKPACKAGE 4 / WP4
investigation of possible uses of greenhouse construction
WP4 will explore the potential uses of greenhouse space below installed solar desalination plant. For this purpose, the conditions inside will be determined initially (temperature, moisture content, ventilation etc) and then determine the possibilities its exploitation. The cases to be investigated fall into the categories of housing, storage and cultivation activities. The results of the WP4 will be described in detail in Deliverable.
Technical exposure of potential uses of the greenhouse.
WORDPACKAGE 5 / WP5
Construction of the prototype of the unit
WP5 will exploit the results of the EU1-4 study sections designing all the individual parts of the proposed project for the construction of the greenhouse type demonstration unit for real-time testing. In particular, EU5 includes the following:
• Authorization / approval of the construction.
• Construction and installation of a demonstration unit in a coastal area of the AUTh, from GEOTHERMIKI.
Issuing a license for the construction.
Technical report and construction plans for the production unit.
WORKPACKAGE 6 / WP6
Demonstration function and optimization of the unit
The purpose of EU6 is to monitor the operation of the plant in various meteorological systems conditions and the optimization of the operation of the individual departments on the basis of the results to be achieved arise. In particular EU6 includes the following:
• Determination of recovery rate in seawater irrigation water.
• Determination of the quality of the produced water.
• Monitoring the unit’s energy consumption per m3 of water produced and study the use of photovoltaics.
• Assessment of the operation of materials and equipment and study of the effect of sediments of the salts.
• Suggestions for optimization of technical sections and unit operation.
Technical report of unit operation in various meteorological data conditions.
Evaluation of Unit Operation and Optimization Suggestions.
WORKPACKAGE 7 / WP7
The purpose of the EU7 is to secure the copyright of the project through submission patent applications at national level (at the Industrial Property Organization) at European level (at the European Patent Office) and internationally (at the World Intellectual Property Organization, and through it to North African countries of interest: Morocco, Tunisia and Sudan).
Patent application at national level, at Industrial Property Organization.
Patent application at European level, at European Patent Office.
Patent application worldwide at World Intellectual Property Organization.
WORKPACKAGE 8 / WP8
Promoting the results of the project
The purpose of the WP8 is to promote the results of the project through participation in trade exhibitions of agricultural constructions and desalination systems.
Presentation material of the project results in commercial reports.
WORKPACKAGE 9 / WP9
Techno-economic valuation of the unit
The purpose of the EU9 is the techno-economic assessment of the plant. Emphasis will be placed on its perspective proposed unit to become a finished product. In particular, we will:
• Calculation of the fixed investment of the unit and estimation of the operating cost per unit volume of the water produced.
• Study to determine the economic benefits from the business side and on its part buyer.
In addition, the results will be disseminated through publications in scientific journals, presentations at international and domestic conferences and a conference.
Techno-economic evaluation report of the unit.
Scientific publications in international journals or international conferences (peer-reviewed).
Organizing a day for dissemination of project results.
The project is structured in 9 separate workpackages (WP1-WP9), while the actions for the management and coordination of the project, as well as the necessary actions for publicity and dissemination of the results, will take place throughout the project.